Attend Non-Confidential General Hearings
General hearings at the State Office of Administrative Hearings are open to the public unless they are designated as confidential. Hearings are held at the State Office of Administrative Hearings headquarters in Austin, each of the regional office locations, and at various remote office locations across Texas. Please note that:
- Confidential general hearing or mediation proceedings are not open to the public.
- Anyone whose conduct interferes with a hearing may be removed from the room.
- With some exceptions, hearings may be recorded or photographed.
- The person who wants to photograph or record the hearing must notify the administrative law judge prior to doing so.
- Recording, videotaping or photographing, a hearing must not interfere with the proceedings.
Please reference the General Hearings Schedule to view currently scheduled general hearings and mediations.
Please reference Visiting SOAH for more information about visiting each of the State Office of Administrative Hearings locations.
If you are member of the general public or the media interested in attending a teleconference or videoconference hearing, please contact the SOAH Chief Clerk's Office at 512.475.4993 at least 24 hours in advance of the hearing to arrange for your attendance.